I’ve been looking at some of the data-mined information about patch 4.2, and there is a lot of interesting gear coming up for feral druids.
All the professions are getting new recipes, and some of these will be available pretty easily. Others look like raid drops and have expensive materials, but will probably end up ranking pretty highly in the initial stages of Firelands raiding.
I’ve listed all the profession gear of interest, vendor gear from doing daily quests at the Molten Front, the Avengers of Hyjal reputation rewards and also raid drops that have been discovered so far.
Most of this PvP gear is ok, but it will not replace any epic gear (PvE or PvP) that has been obtained prior to the patch since it is just the entry level PvP set. The two epics are raid gear with expensive materials – nicely itemized for cats though.
- Rares (ilevel 358)
- Bloodthirsty Leather Belt: 251 Agility, 151 Expertise, 177 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Leather Boots: 251 Agility, 182 Mastery, 143 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Leather Bracers: 188 Agility, 113 Haste, 133 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Leather Chest: 388 Agility, 171 Mastery, 257 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Leather Gloves: 251 Agility, 127 Crit, 191 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Leather Helm: 338 Agility, 171 Hit, 257 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Leather Legs: 338 Agility, 182 Crit, 251 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Leather Shoulders: 251 Agility, 151 Crit, 177 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Fur Cloak: 188 Agility, 126 Crit, 126 Resilience
- epics (ilevel 378)
- Clutches of Evil: 302 Agility, 202 Mastery, 202 Haste
Requires the new raid crafting orb (8 of them!), 80 volatiles, 8 pristine hide and 3 chaos orbs. Start saving for one of these now…
- Treads of the Craft: 302 Agility, 202 Mastery, 202 Haste
Requires the new raid crafting orb, otherwise the same materials as the gloves.
- Bloodthirsty Charm of Triumph: 106 Agility, 71 Crit, 71 Resilience, 1 socket
- Bloodthirsty Sapphire Necklace: 188 Agility, 126 Expertise, 126 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Sapphire Ring: 188 Agility, 126 Crit, 126 Resilience
- Flintlocke’s Woodchucker: +300 agility for 10 seconds
Although this is useless for druids, I thought I’d mention it anyway. The idea of shooting rabid squirrels at a burning raid boss is kinda silly.
- Witch-Hunter’s Harvester: 361 Agility, 241 Crit, 241 Mastery, 659.2 DPS.
This is a nice upgrade over Malevolence, unless you have managed to get the heroic version. This weapon is not as good as the Firelands raid gear, but is relatively cheap to make, only requiring materials that are available now. It may be worth saving up the materials for it now, but be aware that only people who have opened up the Molten Front vendors will have access to the plans, so it might be expensive for a while.
Molten Front dailies
The new quest lines in Mount Hyjal open up daily quests in the Molten Front, which in turn allow access to three vendors who sell epic gear, pets and mounts. These quests are similar to the Argent Crusade dailies, rewarding Mark of the World Tree tokens upon completion. The number of marks varies for each daily, but averages out to around 10 per day if all dailies are completed.
There is one vendor who is available once the Firelands is accessible; Zen’Vorka for the Horde or Captain Irontree for the alliance. This vendor sells some writs of commendation (that grant reputation) and the following feral druid item:
After unlocking all the Molten Front daily quests it is possible to unlock the vendors (at 125 Marks each), who have the following items of interest for feral druids. Each item is an ilevel 365 epic, half a tier better than normal mode drops from tier 11 raids.
Damek Bloombeard – Additional Armaments
- Trinket – Ricket’s Magnetic Fireball, 340 agility and 1700 crit for 20 seconds. Also attracts small celestial objects.
Fractionally better than the ilevel 359 Essence of the Cyclone for tanking, not as good as Tia’s Grace for dps (unless the crit proc has a cooldown of 1 minute, rather than the 2 minutes I guessed at). The extra stars proc might make a difference as well, I will revisit this when 4.2 goes live.
- Polearm – Plans: Witch-Hunter’s Harvester
Slightly better than the ilevel 359 Malevolence, as expected. Good for both cats and bears.
Ayla Shadowstorm – Filling the Moonwell
- Finger – Band of Glittering Lights, an agility ring with crit and haste.
- Trinket – Moonwell Phial, 765 stamina and 1700 dodge for 20 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown.
- Relic – Relic of Elune’s Shadow, agility relic with expertise and mastery
Varlan Highbough – Calling the Ancients
- Hands – Aviana’s Grips, haste and mastery.
These gloves are better than the ilevel 359 alternatives for both tanking and dps.
Avengers of Hyjal faction
This is the raid faction and reputation will be gained in the Firelands raid instance, with Exalted reputation requiring bosses to be killed, not just trash farming.
- Sleek Flamewrath Cloak Friendly
- Flamebinding Girdle Honored
- Ancient Petrified Seed Revered
- Stay of Execution Revered
- Viridian Signet of the Avengers Exalted (391 epic)
Firelands raid gear
Valor point rewards
The valor vendors are selling the following items, all ilevel 378 epics:
- Flamebinder Bracers: 277 Agility, 148 Crit, 154 Expertise, BoE
- Necklace of Smoke Signals: 227 Agility, 144 Hit, 156 Crit, BoE
- Splintered Brimstone Seal: 227 Agility, 140 Crit, 158 Mastery
- Covenant of the Flame: 128 Agility, 88 Crit, 81 Mastery, 1 socket
The following items are BoE and look like they will be trash drops.
- Choker of the Firelord: 240 Agility, 162 Haste, 156 Mastery
- This is an ilevel 384 item, I suspect that it will not remain BoE when 4.2 goes live
Here’s the list of BoP epics that are applicable to feral druids. Some of these may be Valor rewards, but it is hard to tell at the moment. Items that may be upgraded to their heroic counterparts with a Crystallized Firestone have a next to them.
- Hood of Rampant Disdain: 348 Agility, 295 Haste, 172 Expertise, 1 meta and 1 red socket
- Choker of Vanquished Lord: 240 Agility, 162 Haste, 156 Mastery
- Shoulderpads of the Forgotten Gate: 282 Agility, 210 Hit, 153 Crit, 1 red socket
- Dreadfire Drape: 212 Agility, 138 Hit, 95 Mastery, 2 red sockets
- Breastplate of the Incendiary Soul: 368 Agility, 231 Haste, 267 Mastery, 2 red sockets
- Flickering Wristbands: Random enchantment bracer. There is good odds that these will have 227 Agility and 341 Stamina, like Flamebinder Bracers.
- Gloves of Dissolving Smoke: 282 Agility, 172 Crit, 208 Mastery, 1 red socket
- Riplimb’s Lost Collar: 282 Agility, 216 Crit, 157 Expertise, 1 blue socket
- Cinderweb Leggings: 368 Agility, 212 Haste, 284 Mastery, 1 red and 1 yellow socket
- Sandals of Leaping Coals: 282 Agility, 133 Crit, 230 Mastery, 1 red socket
- Widow’s Kiss: 227 Agility, 167 Haste, 126 Mastery
- Fandral’s Flamescythe: 408 Agility, 276 Crit, 265 Mastery, 744.1 DPS
- Ranseur of Hatred: 408 Agility, 284 Crit, 252 Haste, 744.1 DPS
The above items drop from the following bosses:
Tier 12 gear
This time there are some good pieces of tier gear for both bears and cats, with the option of taking offset pieces that are better itemized for a specific set.
The set bonuses are not linked to the items on Wowhead yet, so here’s the set bonus details:
- 2-piece bonus:Your attacks with Mangle, Maul, and Shred deal 10% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec.
- 4-piece bonus: Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to extend the duration of Berserk by 2 sec and when your Barkskin ability expires you gain an additional 10% chance to dodge for 12 sec.
And here’s the tier gear:
- Obsidian Arborweave Grips: 282 Agility, 177 Crit, 205 Haste, 1 blue socket
- Obsidian Arborweave Headpiece: 348 Agility, 265 Hit, 213 Crit, 1 meta and 1 red socket
- Obsidian Arborweave Legguards: 368 Agility, 199 Hit, 277 Mastery, 2 yellow sockets
- Obsidian Arborweave Raiment: 368 Agility, 275 Crit, 221 Expertise, 2 red sockets
- Obsidian Arborweave Spaulders: 282 Agility, 157 Crit, 216 Mastery, 1 blue socket