Recently I have been working on my mage, and thought it was time to research the items that I can use on that character in the Firelands patch. This post has the same formatting as my Firelands druid post.
I’ve listed all the profession gear of interest, vendor gear from doing daily quests at the Molten Front, the Avengers of Hyjal reputation rewards and also raid drops that have been discovered so far.
Most of this PvP gear is ok, but it will not replace any epic gear (PvE or PvP) that has been obtained prior to the patch since it is just the entry level PvP set. The four epics are raid gear with expensive materials. Spirit gear is highlighted in red, since it is sub-optimal compared to other stats.
- Rares (ilevel 358)
- Bloodthirsty Embersilk Cowl: 338 Intellect, 225 Haste, 225 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Embersilk Pants: 338 Intellect, 225 Mastery, 225 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Embersilk Robe: 338 Intellect, 225 Spirit, 225 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Embersilk Boots: 251 Intellect, 168 Haste, 168 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Embersilk Gloves: 251 Intellect, 168 Haste, 168 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Embersilk Belt: 251 Intellect, 168 Mastery, 168 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Embersilk Shoulders: 251 Intellect, 168 Spirit, 168 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Embersilk Bracers: 188 Intellect, 126 Haste, 126 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Fireweave Cowl: 338 Intellect, 225 Crit, 225 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Fireweave Pants: 338 Intellect, 225 Haste, 225 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Fireweave Robe: 338 Intellect, 225 Haste, 225 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Fireweave Gloves: 251 Intellect, 168 Mastery, 168 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Fireweave Boots: 251 Intellect, 168 Mastery, 168 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Fireweave Belt: 251 Intellect, 168 Crit, 168 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Fireweave Shoulders: 251 Intellect, 168 Crit, 168 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Fireweave Bracers: 188 Intellect, 126 Mastery, 126 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Embersilk Cape: 188 Intellect, 126 Mastery, 126 Resilience
- Epics (ilevel 378)
- All these recipes require 8 Dreamcloth and 4 Living Ember.
- Boots of the Black Flame: 282 Intellect, 197 Hit, 187 Crit, 1 red socket, +10 Intellect socket bonus
- Don Tayo’s Inferno Mittens: 282 Intellect, 182 Hit, 202 Crit, 1 red socket, +10 Intellect socket bonus
- Endless Dream Walkers: 282 Intellect, 197 Spirit, 187 Haste, 1 red socket, +10 Intellect socket bonus
- Grips of Altered Reality: 282 Intellect, 187 Spirit, 197 Haste, 1 red socket, +10 Intellect socket bonus
- Bloodthirsty Amberjewel Pendant: 188 Intellect, 126 Haste, 126 Resilience
- Bloodthirsty Amberjewel Band: 188 Intellect, 126 Spirit, 126 Resilience
- Masterwork Elementium Spellblade: 155 Intellect, 103 Hit, 103 Crit, 2066 Spellpower
This weapon is not as good as the Firelands raid gear, but is relatively cheap to make, only requiring materials that are available now. It may be worth saving up the materials for it now, but be aware that only people who have opened up the Molten Front vendors will have access to the plans, so it might be expensive for a while.
Molten Front dailies
The new quest lines in Mount Hyjal open up daily quests in the Molten Front, which in turn allow access to three vendors who sell epic gear, pets and mounts. These quests are similar to the Argent Crusade dailies, rewarding Mark of the World Tree tokens upon completion. The number of marks varies for each daily, but averages out to around 10 per day if all dailies are completed.
There is one vendor who is available once the Firelands is accessible; Zen’Vorka for the Horde or Captain Irontree for the alliance. This vendor sells some writs of commendation (that grant reputation) and the following mage item:
- Nightweaver’s Amulet: 201 Intellect, 102 Haste, 142 Mastery
After unlocking all the Molten Front daily quests it is possible to unlock the vendors (at 125 Marks each), who have the following items of interest for mages. Each item is an ilevel 365 epic, half a tier better than normal mode drops from tier 11 raids.
Damek Bloombeard – Additional Armaments
- Masterwork Elementium Spellblade blacksmithing plans
- Widow’s Clutches: 247 Intellect, 184 Crit, 146 Haste, red socket, 10 Crit socket bonus
Ayla Shadowstorm – Filling the Moonwell
- Offhand – Globe of Moonlight: 201 Intellect, 134 Crit, 134 Mastery
- Trinket – Moonwell Chalice, 340 Intellect and 1700 Mastery for 20 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown.
Varlan Highbough – Calling the Ancients
- Ring – Spirit Fragment Band: 201 Intellect, 121 Crit, 142 Mastery
Avengers of Hyjal faction
This is the raid faction and reputation will be gained in the Firelands raid instance, with Exalted reputation requiring bosses to be killed, not just trash farming.
- Rippling Flamewrath Drape Friendly
- Embereye Belt Honored
- Rune of Zeth Revered
- Infernal Signet of the Avengers Exalted (391 epic)
Firelands raid gear
Valor point rewards
The valor vendors are selling the following items, all ilevel 378 epics:
- Wrists: Emberflame Bracers: 227 Intellect, 148 Hit, 154 Mastery, BoE
- Neck: Amulet of Burning Brilliance: 227 Intellect, 119 Hit, 171 Crit
- Ring: Crystalline Brimstone Ring: 227 Intellect, 162 Hit, 133 Mastery
- Wand: Trail of Embers: 128 Intellect, 79 Hit, 89 Haste
Here’s the list of epics that are applicable to mages. Items that may be upgraded to their heroic counterparts with a Crystallized Firestone have a next to them.
I have included some items with Spirit on them in this list, but they are highlighted as items that are not ideal for mages.
- Flickering Cowl: a random stat helm. It has a meta socket and a yellow socket, with a 30 Intellect socket bonus. Expect around 348 Intellect and two secondary stats in the vicinity of 250.
- Flowform Choker: 227 Intellect, 143 Haste, 115 Mastery, 1 red socket
- Heartstone of Rhyolith: this has spirit, but could be an upgrade if no healers, balance druids or shadow priests need it.
- Mantle of Closed Doors: 282 Intellect, 211 Crit, 167 Mastery, 1 yellow socket
- Wings of Flame: 227 Intellect, 144 Crit, 156 Mastery
- Robes of Smoldering Devastation: 368 Intellect, 218 Haste, 280 Mastery, 1 red and 1 blue socket
- Wristwraps of Arrogant Doom: 227 Intellect, 137 Crit, 160 Haste
- Fingers of Incineration: 300 Intellect, 215 Crit, 188 Haste, 1 red socket
- Majordomo’s Chain of Office: 300 Intellect, 214 Haste, 182 Mastery, 1 red socket
- Leggings of Billowing Fire: 368 Intellect, 212 Crit, 284 Haste, 2 yellow sockets
- Coalwalker Sandals: 282 Intellect, 208 Crit, 172 Haste, 1 yellow socket
- Crystal Prison Band: 227 Intellect, 133 Crit, 162 Mastery
- Funeral Pyre: a random stat staff, 1 red socket. Expect it to have in the vicinity of 388 Intellect and one secondary stat around 200 and the other secondary stat around 300. It should have 2334 Spellpower like the other level 378 staves.
The heroic version of this staff is Funeral Pyre, and does not have random stats.
- Spire of Scarlet Pain: 408 Intellect, 206 Hit, 310 Crit, 2334 Spellpower, BoE
This item looks like a raid trash drop.
- Chelley’s Sterilized Scalpel: 175 Intellect, 118 Crit, 113 Mastery, 2333 Spellpower.
This item looks like a raid trash drop.
- Volcanospike: 175 Intellect, 105 Hit, 123 Haste, 2333 Spellpower, BoE
- Sho’ravon, Greatstaff of Annihilation: 411 Intellect, 218 Crit, 316 Mastery, 2467 Spellpower, 1 red socket
- Goblet of Anger: This is a Spirit offhand, it may be an upgrade if more appropriate classes do not need it. It is BoE.
- Molten Scream: 227 Intellect, 144 Hit, 156 Crit
- Necromantic Focus: 383 Intellect, 42 Mastery on periodic spell damage tick, stacking 10 times.
- Eye of Blazing Power: This is a healing trinket, but it has 383 static Intellect, making it attractive if there are no healers who need it.
- Jaws of Defeat: 383 Intellect. The proc buffs nature and holy damage, making this trinket pretty bad for mages.
- Stinger of the Flaming Scorpion: 128 Intellect, 90 Crit, 77 Mastery
Of course there is also the new legendary staff for people to drool over:
Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest
The above items drop from the following bosses:
- Stinger of the Flaming Scorpion
- Flowform Choker
- Wristwraps of Arrogant Doom
- Jaws of Defeat (not a good mage trinket)
- Majordomo’s Chain of Office
- Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor
- Fingers of Incineration
- Sho’ravon, Greatstaff of Annihilation
Tier 12 gear
- Firehawk Gloves: 282 Intellect, 157 Hit, 216 Haste, 1 blue socket
- Firehawk Hood: 348 Intellect, 228 Haste, 253 Mastery, 1 meta and one red socket
- Firehawk Leggings: 368 Intellect, 267 Crit, 237 Mastery, 2 red sockets
- Firehawk Robes: 368 Intellect, 222 Hit, 274 Haste, 1 yellow and 1 blue socket
- Firehawk Mantle: 282 Intellect, 201 Crit, 183 Haste, 1 yellow socket