I copied my druid across to the beta today, and ran the Temple of the Jade Serpent instance twice. Here’s a brief summary of how druid tanking is working.
It’s worth a quick note that druid damage got buffed today, so that will explain some of the differences from other testers.
Overall, tanking as a Guardian was fine. There were a few key items worthy of mention:
- It is possible to activate Savage Defense while it is still up, so be careful.
- It is possible to keep very high uptimes of Savage Defense while tanking and holding threat on both bosses and trash.
- As other bloggers have mentioned, there is some downtime in the rotation.
- Chaining Berserk and Incarnation allows for high damage and constant uptime of Savage defense.
- The new talent cooldowns are awesome, druids feel like they have more control over their fate now, with some extra self-healing. Incarnation combined with Frenzied Regeneration causes large heals, and Renewal is great.
- Bear hug doesn’t work on bosses and felt like a waste of time.
- It is frustrating trying to click Lacerate two times in a row, the 3 second cooldown really threw me.
- AoE is easy enough, but use Thrash immediately after activating Savage Defense. Otherwise it can take a few seconds to generate the required rage.
I’ll do a more detailed analysis soon!