For fast gearing up to get into heroics, these crafted PvP items are better than quest rewards. They are very cheap to make, and often sell for less than 200 gold on my server.
- Contender’s Leather Helm
- Contender’s Leather Shoulders (better than the quest reward because of the crit and mastery)
- Contender’s Leather Chestguard
- Contender’s Leather Bracers (better than the instance drop because of the crit and mastery)
- Contender’s Leather Gloves
- Contender’s Leather Belt is identical to Ghost Fox Belt (from the Corruption Runs Deep quest)
- Contender’s Leather Leggings
- Contender’s Leather Boots
Other than the belt, there are no quest rewards that can match these items for use in PvE. You will need to be careful with the itemization of your other gear, since all the Contender’s set only contains Critical Strike Rating and Mastery. Guardians also need Hit Rating and Expertise.
This gear would get quickly replaced at level 90, with Justice Point gear (ilevel 458) and gear from heroics (ilevel 463). However, this will give you a good set that can be confidently used to start tanking heroic instances immediately.